First Week of 505

The first week is done by so fast! In the first day of the week, we go through the syllabus and the timeline of the course. Also, we were assigned homework to update our personal blog to introduce ourselves.

In the second day of the class, we present our blog and introduce ourselves. After that, we got into the exercise worksheet "An Introduction to Design Thinking". In this worksheet, I had to design a wallet for my assigned partner Eric. In the interview, I knew that Eric is an economical person, he didn't change a new wallet even his wallet was broken. It makes me feel embarrassed since I'm the person who always changes new things. In his wallet, I found that he has a lot of gift card that stuff and credit card, he uses the credit card more than cash, the color he uses the most are black and gray. Thus, I sketched 3 wallet style for him to meet his need. But in the second interview, I found that Eric loves outdoor activities, so I had a new idea for his wallet is to have a small chain or a hook that he can hooks the wallet on his pant when having outdoor activities. We also talked about our idea for the 505 projects.

       

After the interview, we have 10 minutes to do the wallet mock-up for our partner. I'm bad at doing handicraft work, so I think I did a bad job on the activities, but Eric still encourages me for that. He is so friendly! and he did a super cute wallet for me and I really love it.

          

In the last day of the week, we analyzed three past 505 projects in presentation slides and had 3 topics include problem and purpose statement for our project.




For my topic 1, I would like to create a visual campaign for "Design it forward"

Problem Statement:

“Design It Forward” needs to host designathon to provide tangible marketing and outreach collateral for an environmental organization that is in need, also to help expand knowledge, resources, and community to those fighting climate change through the use of visuals. 

Purpose Statement:


The purpose of this statement is to create a visual campaign to provide additional educational resources to motivate and inspire community members to get involved in sustainability design.


For my topic 2, I would like to do a visual campaign for aging homelessness through the use of visuals to raise young adult and government awareness. 


Problem Statement:

The aging homeless population is increasing in San Francisco. The existing homeless care system has never been used to solve the problem of the elderly population because it cannot meet the needs of more and more elderly people living on the streets.


Purpose Statement:

The purpose of this statement is to create a visual campaign to aware young adult and the government, expand attention to prevent seniors from homeless and to pursue solutions in order to place the aging homeless into housing and protect them from physical health illness. 

For my topic 3, I would like to do about LGBTQ youth discrimination problem.

Problem Statement:

LGBTQ is not recognized by everyone that they encompass. The online violence of offensive language on social media and a lack of education that make LGBTQ youth confused about their identity, and it also harmful to their physical and mental health.

Purpose Statement:


The purpose of this statement is to create a visual campaign for educating young adults about LGBTQ identity and reduce online violence in order to create a comfortable environment for LGBTQ youth.

Comments

  1. Hi! nice prototype, it was hard having to make something in such as small amount of time! I liked your problem statement on the elderly homeless. I believe that homelessness can be solved by the community and for all to live enriching lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts